Weeknight, two hours of disrespectful commute traffic and still have to cook dinner? Just me? Okay 🤣😩.
I’ve been trying to be more disciplined when it comes to eating and providing healthy meals for my family, not just Tasty Thursday (judge not! Lol). Speaking of discipline, have you checked out my last blog? Here’s the link: https://talkingallthatjaz.net/2019/07/02/discipline/
Well today I have for you the perfect weeknight dinner for the busy parent or anyone who needs a great and easy meal! Jazmine’s Quick & Easy Chicken Stir Fry! I work from home three days a week (quick shout out to my employer).
I used the early morning to prep by cutting up the vegetables and chicken to prepare later that day. This could totally be done the night before, and would make an amazing meal prepping dish! Also, this dish could easily be vegan by omitting the chicken, but my kids ain’t there yet. Here is the beauty of Stir Frys, you can use whatever combination of vegetables and protein you want.
Let’s get started! My cooking vessel of choice for this recipe, my wok.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Cup of mushrooms (I used baby portobellos)
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2-3 zucchini/squash mix
- 1 cup of Kikoman stir fry sauce
- Cut up zucchini, zucchini, squash and red onions
- Heat up your wok or skillet on medium heat. Add 2 tbs of oil (I used canola)
- Add all of the diced vegetables and cooked to desired doneness. I only added black pepper. No need for salt in this recipe, the sauce has all the flavor you need. Once they’ve reached your desired level of doneness, remove from pan and set aside.
- While the pan is still hot add another tbs of oil and add diced chicken. I seasoned the chicken with black pepper and onion powder. Cook until done, about 10-12 minutes. My breast were thin cut.
- Once chicken is done, add back in vegetables, the sauce, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes while gently mixing everything to coat with the sauce and viola you’re done!
I used white rice as a base, but brown will work too! I’m still working on perfecting my recipe writing skills, so I hope this is easy to follow should you decide to make it! Bon appetit’
Until next time…🦋