Looking for the perfect side dish? Look no further! These are my cheesy, bacon oven roasted potatoes. They are the perfect pairing to any meat/“meat” main dishes. Who doesn’t love meat and potatoes?
I often struggle when it comes to side dishes. I usually keep it simple…rice and veggies, but every now and then I get a little wild lol, and by wild I mean cheesy, bacon oven roasted potatoes.
*Note: This dish can also be made Vegan. Here’s a link to some Vegan Bacon Crumbles.
Cool Foods, Veggie Bacon Bits Hickory Smoked, 3 Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018CCLARE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4yn1Cb2PVQVAD
What you’ll need:
- 3-4 Medium Sized Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Crumbled Bacon In the bag (As much or as little as you like)
- Green Onions (As much or as little as you like)
- Shredded Cheese (As much or as little as you like)
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Sour Cream (Optional)
Disclaimer: I often struggle writing out my recipes because I don’t measure, never have. So this is an approximation, but the recipe is fairly simple.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Wash potatoes with a brush because skin will be left on for this recipe
- Slice potatoes a little less than half an inch. Not super thick and not potato chip thin.
- Place sliced potatoes in a bowl and 2-3 tbs of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Mix around with hands to make sure they’re evenly coated.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper or foil and line the potatoes up in a single file line (can’t think of the right word 🤣)
- Place in oven and bake until fork tender. About 20 minutes or so. Could be less. Remember they’re cut thin and cook quickly.
- Pull them out and layer them (as pictured in my photo), and top with cheese/vegan cheese, crumbled bacon and place back in stove until cheese is melted.
- Remove from stove and top with green onions. Serve with sour cream.
Until next time…🦋