Today’s recipe coming to you from the amazing Divas Can Cook! Hunnaaaayyyyy let me tell you, they have one of the most amazing collection of recipes I’ve ever seen. Recipes are tasty and they get 10 ⭐️’s across the board for ease of replicating!
Today I worked well over 10 hours, had no time to make dinner so kids figured it out, but I really I wanted something sweet. I had some bananas and came across their recipe for Banana Bread Crumb Muffins. Banana bread…in muffin form…with a crumb topping that takes less that 40 minutes to make? It didn’t take very much convincing!
I’m going to link the recipe below and include the direct link.
My tweaks: Anywhere the recipe called for sugar, I substituted with Splenda.
These muffins turned out absolutely delicious! I paired my muffin with two scoops of ice cream. One vanilla and one chocolate. I also drizzled sugar free caramel sundae syrup over everything. Y’all, after the work week I’ve had, I deserved two muffins and four scoops, but everything in moderation right? 🤷🏽♀️
(Before…muffin pan is old but bakes like a dream!)
Banana Bread Crumb Muffins
By Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: muffins
• CRUMB TOPPING
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup sugar brown sugar
• ½ cup granulated white sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 8 tablespoons butter, softened
• BANANA BREAD MUFFIN
• 1 cup granulated white sugar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup butter, softened
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ cup buttermilk
• 3 bananas, mashed ( about 1½ cups)
• ½ teaspoon lemon juice, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine all of the crumb topping ingredients.
4. Use a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
6. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Seat aside.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk or sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
8. Gradually add flour mixture into the wet mixture alternating with the buttermilk.
9. Stir just until combined. (be careful not to overdo it.)
10. Add lemon juice to mashed bananas.
11. Gently fold bananas into the batter.
12. Fill muffin pan ¾ full of batter.
13. Spoon on enough crumb topping to completely cover the top. (pinch the crumbs together to create larger crumbs if desired. I used a little over 1 T. of topping)
14. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
15. Remove from oven when moist crumbs cling to a toothpick inserted into the center.
16. Let muffins sit in the pan for about 4 minutes (they will continue to cook)
17. Place muffins on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
* The streusel crumb topping makes a lot! Half the recipe if you don’t want leftover streusel. I always make the full amount so that I can skip this step when I make future crumb muffins or crisps. Really come in handy
*Store muffins in an airtight container. Banana bread naturally gets a moist and sticky surface as it sits. If you are serving this for an event and want the topping to remaining crunchy, I’d suggest making this the day of.
Until next time…🦋