Well it’s Tasty Thursday, and if your weather is anything like mine here in the Bay Area, then this soup is a no brainer!
Not only is today’s recipe warm, hearty and delicious, it’s also Vegan! Yes folks, this carnitas loving chick is trying to eliminate meat from her diet one chicken wing at a time. There is so much garbage in the meat we consume, so I’m trying to limit our intake.
I’m calling this dish Winter Time Spicy Vegetable Soup. Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1 Cup of Carrots
• 1 Small Yellow Onion
• 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
• 2 Medium Sized Potatoes (I used russets)
• 2 Zucchini
• 1-1 1/2 TBS of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning (I always say season to taste. Taste as you go)
• 2 TBS Olive or Avocado Oil
• 1 Cup of Lentils
• 1/2 Can of diced tomato in onion & garlic
• 1 32.5 oz box of vegetable broth + 2 Cups of Water
I used a Dutch oven!
• Add 2 TBS of olive or avocado oil to the Dutch and allow to heat up (not smoke)
• Add diced onions, half can of diced tomatoes (with liquid) and garlic to the pan and sauté until onions are translucent
• Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes. Then turn the heat down to medium low and cook an additional 10 minutes until the lentils are tender.
Pour into your favorite bowl and Voila! Nutritious and delicious! 😋
Until next time…🦋