On the menu tonight….shredded teriyaki chicken over jasmine rice. Tonight’s recipe is simple, easy, and delicious.
Weapon of choice…
If I had to rate this device on a scale of 1 to 10, slow cooker feature only, I’d give it a 3 and that’s being generous. I have my old tried and true that slow cooks everything to tender perfection, but this thing, save your coin and but the $19.99 special during the holidays.
Slow cooker tip: soups and stews in the slow cooker is a great way to incorporate vegetables that your kids will eat! Or you can just lie and tell them that if they eat them they’ll gain super powers 🤷🏽♀️
What you’ll need for this recipe…
6 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger
2 bell peppers (I used one red and 1 yellow)
1 tbs sriracha
Minute brand Jasmine Rice (Microwave friendly)
• Place raw chicken breast in slow cooker
• Combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, bell pepper, and sriracha
• Whisk until combined then pour over chicken
• Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours
• Once done, shred with 2 forks or tongs and serve over a bed of rice
My only gripe with this device, the chicken wasn’t as tender as I wanted it to be. With my dented tried and true, it would have been perfect, but I know for next time. I’m calling this a semi victory 😆.
Bon appetit 😋